Drinking Water Source Protection Resources
The source protection program started in 2006 with the passing of the Clean Water Act. Since that time there has been much published on source protection planning in Ontario.
Brief videos on four factors that can affect the quality and quantity of our drinking water sources have been prepared and have been shown on a local television station. The videos are 30 seconds in length and are in Windows Media format. To view using a Windows operating system, click on the following links and allow a minute to open as they are about 9 MB in size. To view on a Mac computer, download and install Flip4Mac first.
The following are a few of the links to the websites of our many partners in this program.
Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change
Conservation Ontario and Neighbouring Source Protection Regions/Areas
- Conservation Ontario
- Other Source Protection Regions and Areas in Ontario
- In the Know About H2O
- YouTube Playlist – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZjirFLbjxSX0hRpIowY8T0gYEHCieQZw
- City of Hamilton
- Regional Municipality of Halton
- Township of Puslinch / County of Wellington
- Regional Municipality of Peel